Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fun Finds

It seemed like a disappointing weekend for treasure hunting - I went to a number of places and walked out with nothing.  I'm getting a lot more selective with what I pick up nowadays, so that has been happening more.  Nevertheless, I ended up with a few nice finds. First, I found this glazed vase at an estate sale.  It caught my eye in the preview listing, so I was very happy to see it there, at the end of the second day of the sale.  I was able to get it for less than half price.
  I have no idea who the maker is or even what decade it is from for sure - 60s, maybe? The color sure is pretty and complements the (trendy) aqua/yellow color scheme in my living room.

Here is the mark on the bottom...I did some research on line and couldn't find anything on it, so if it looks familiar to anyone, please let me know!  

I found a nice piece of coral at the same sale...I think the pink color was added, and I would like to tone it down, but I'm not sure how I feel about spray painting what I think is a real piece of coral.  The pot in the background was from a garage sale this past summer.  

Cool 70s matchbooks collection from the second estate sale.  The one from the Sugar Shack Male Strip Club cracks me up. The 'stache, the vest, the hat, the chest hair, the wide collar...priceless. 

Vintage swizzle sticks from the same sale.

Impulse buy for someone then, impulse buy for me now. 

Finally, at the last sale, I found this vintage rag doll kit and barkcloth curtains.  It is getting really hard to find beautiful vintage fabric, so it's a good idea to check out curtains, tablecloths and other household items for great fabric.

Thanks for stopping by!
Joining the Nifty Thrifty on a Living Space and
Thriftasaurus Linkup on Sir Thrift A Lot

1 comment:

  1. I really like everything you found! The matchbook collection is particularly awesome, and I totally agree about the vintage fabric... I've been looking for interesting patterns for crafting stuff for our wedding, and I've picked up some great sheets and such to work with.
    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete